SOURCE: University of Michigan, 2013 Monitoring the Future Study.
Questions (Write your answers on separate paper as needed.)
- 1. a) According to the graph, around what year did high school seniors increasingly start thinking of marijuana as harmful? When did this trend change?
- 1. b) When did past-year use of marijuana among high school seniors begin to rise?
- 2. According to the graph, how does understanding the harms of marijuana affect use?
- 3. Referring to the article “Marijuana: Breaking Down the Buzz,” identify at least two harmful effects marijuana could have on teens.
- 4. Referring again to the article, why might teens today be confused about how safe marijuana is?